panoramix

Can't Stop the Signal

You mean people read these things? Oh well. Here's some stuff: I read in spurts. Sometimes a lot, sometimes not at all. Sometimes books, sometimes only articles or newspapers or magazines or whatever's on that box of cereals. I don't review books. I sometimes have random semi-coherent thoughts and I sometimes rant, but i never review.

Oh, and I try to rant in the same language as the book I'm ranting about was written, which means you might encounter Norwegian, English, German or French here, all of it mangled to some degree.

I can read most genres, but I tend to prefer scifi.

Pwning Tomorrow
Lauren Beukes, Bruce Sterling, Charlie Jane Anders, Cory Doctorow, Kameron Hurley, Hannu Rajaniemi, Neil Gaiman, Ramez Naam, SL Grey, Charles A. Human, Dave Maass, Madeline Ashby, Annalee Newitz, Charles Yu, Carolyn Jewel, Paolo Bacigalupi, James Patrick Kelly, Paul Leice
Mastering Emacs
Mickey Petersen
2666
Roberto BolaƱo
Arguably: Selected Prose
Christopher Hitchens

A Memory of Light (Wheel of Time)

A Memory of Light (Wheel of Time Series #14) - Robert Jordan,  Brandon Sanderson It's not an ending, it's THE ending and thank the dark one for that.

Sanderson pulled it off moderately well, although some choices were rather silly and felt contrived (Gawyn went after Demandred why exactly?)