panoramix

Can't Stop the Signal

You mean people read these things? Oh well. Here's some stuff: I read in spurts. Sometimes a lot, sometimes not at all. Sometimes books, sometimes only articles or newspapers or magazines or whatever's on that box of cereals. I don't review books. I sometimes have random semi-coherent thoughts and I sometimes rant, but i never review.

Oh, and I try to rant in the same language as the book I'm ranting about was written, which means you might encounter Norwegian, English, German or French here, all of it mangled to some degree.

I can read most genres, but I tend to prefer scifi.

Pwning Tomorrow
Lauren Beukes, Bruce Sterling, Charlie Jane Anders, Cory Doctorow, Kameron Hurley, Hannu Rajaniemi, Neil Gaiman, Ramez Naam, SL Grey, Charles A. Human, Dave Maass, Madeline Ashby, Annalee Newitz, Charles Yu, Carolyn Jewel, Paolo Bacigalupi, James Patrick Kelly, Paul Leice
Mastering Emacs
Mickey Petersen
2666
Roberto BolaƱo
Arguably: Selected Prose
Christopher Hitchens

MaddAddam: A Novel

MaddAddam - Margaret Atwood A great ending to a great story. I kinda regret not rereading the prior volumes as it's been a while and I had a hard time remembering things, particularly who the different characters were. A reread might be on the cards.

The story in itself is rather slow-moving and retrospective but much more upbeat than I remember from before. It's not a thriller by any means, and anyone unfamiliar with the author would probably give up early on.

And Mrs. Atwood, protest all you want, you do write Science Fiction and it's of the very best kind.